- diamonds can be mined where you find the mountain type “kimberlit”, you need to mine approx. 2 tonnes to find 1 carat of diamond =0,2 g.
- 20% of the production world wide is used for jewellery. the rest is used in the industry for drilling, milling and grinding.
the four C’s
- measure for weight: 1 carat = 0.2 gram
- the availability of diamonds is very much depending on the size - the bigger the diamond, the harder to get
- the price of a diamond is a function of size, but rises exponentially!
The ideal angle of the cut
- Carat: 0.01 – 0.02 – 0.03 Ct.
- Cut: brilliant
- Colour: top Wesselton/G
- Clarity: VVS –very very small inclusions
we only use top quality diamonds….