- acetate is developed from cellulose extracted from cotton
- it started as a substitute for horn and turtle shell which are very difficult to work with when manufacturing. the turtle shell from wild life is now prohibited to use for spectacles and products.
- block material: very advanced structures and patterns with very deep and colourful effects.
- extruded material: very simple structures, one or more mono-coloured layers.
extruded material is less expensiveů..
- light and flexible
- easy to machine and polish
- deep and rich colours
- stable after shaping